AltScene
EliteSingles.com

oppenheimer

oppenheimer

Flyxglitter Created Apr 25, 2024 21:55
1 Comments

Recently oppenheimer had been released in Japan and some viewers are speaking out how it made them feel offended. I've watched part of it since it's a long movie and my ADHD mind won't focus too long I tend to take breaks in-between long movies.

What do you guys think? I think even though war is brutal and just inhumane I don't think we should shy away from the truth. We can use the past misfortune to help create a better tomorrow by learning from mistakes.

This topic has 1 comment

Grumman

Apr 25, 2024 23:02

I’m not sure what the nature of their offense is, it probably varies from person to person, but I remember thinking it was somewhat of an omission that the film does not portray the actual atomic attacks and/or their aftermath. There’s only really one scene where the effects are sort of implied but the victims are not Japanese, it’s an American audience in some auditorium where he’s giving a talk and his guilt and intrusive thoughts are getting the better of him. This was probably a good opportunity for Nolan to have put Japanese people in the film, but I understand that it was beside the points he was making.

The movie was massively overrated and far, far too long, in my opinion. That in itself might be enough for anyone to be offended, American, Japanese, or otherwise.

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.