AltScene
EliteSingles.com
EliteSingles.com

Niche toy, need help finding

Niche toy, need help finding

DSBM99 Created May 5, 2024 16:37
18 Comments

There was this knight toy I used to have back in the early 2000s. It came in a box that looked like a church window and the knight was on the cover of the box that was in the design of stained glass. The knight had removable armor as well and there was this secret compartment at the bottom of the box that had backgammon in it. If anyone knows what toy I'm talking about I would appreciate it.

This topic has 21 comments

Neon Bright Star ⭐

May 5, 2024 18:13

I have no idea though I did try and see if I could google-fu the answer

Scuffed in Stourbridge

May 5, 2024 18:37

That sounds kinda ballin' but also like the production run definition of "Throwing s**t at the wall to see what sticks".
Backgammon is in the family of "Tables Games" which are a fairly old branch of board games, and were known in medieval times, which creates a sort of tentative connection between knight figurines and miniature backgammon I suppose, but knight figurines tend to be the purview of boys (large and small) whereas Backgammon is a game mostly played by elderly men in smoky rooms; it's a proper odd product combination.

Similarly, no joy this end, I tried Yandex, which is often good for obscure searches that Google isn't serving.

DSBM99

May 5, 2024 19:34

I tried to Google it and can't find it. The closest is Marx sir knights toy line, but it wasn't from the 70s or 80s unlikes the Marx ones

Scuffed in Stourbridge

May 5, 2024 23:58

If you recall where it was purchased maybe a catalogue or stock manifest could be found from the relevant period.
It'd be a long shot I feel, but might lead you right to what you're looking for, if such records are kept. If there's no joy that way, some toy collectors preserve old catalogues for use as field guides, and it might be worth checking out your local geek hangouts and tapping a real toy fiend.

DSBM99

May 6, 2024 04:28

Unfortunately I cannot recall since I was 4 and got it as a gift. It was either from once upon a child, or Sam's club.

WalterLuigi

May 6, 2024 15:07

Not a clue either, but for a second I thought it might be the famous fisher-price knights and castle set that like everyone had in the 90's lol

Neon Bright Star ⭐

May 6, 2024 17:30

I may have had that castle set. I had some variety of castle set and it was weird, like the castle had an elevator.... 🤣

WalterLuigi

May 6, 2024 18:06

I definitely had and still have the castle set lol. Mine didn't have an elevator, but it did have lots of cannons

No Photo

Deleted User

May 6, 2024 18:25

Them who castle together,stay together 🤣

WalterLuigi

May 6, 2024 18:39

Hey, it was a classic.

Scuffed in Stourbridge

May 6, 2024 18:58

Hah, my little brother also had that castle.
What a blast from the past.

No Photo

Deleted User

May 6, 2024 19:09

Slam dunk the funk

Neon Bright Star ⭐

May 6, 2024 19:54

Ok yeah that is not the same castle I had lol

No Photo

Deleted User

May 6, 2024 20:02

Oh no lol...

Yes it is neon it's excatly the same one lol

WalterLuigi

May 7, 2024 06:17

That thing and the pirate ship man. Everyone had em

DSBM99

May 11, 2024 05:23

https://images.app.goo.gl/DpCt5c4QE8KLcqCW8

You guys remember this?

WalterLuigi

May 13, 2024 15:04

I don't at all but it looks kinda fun

DSBM99

May 15, 2024 02:47

Used to play that board game back in 4th grade

Scuffed in Stourbridge

May 15, 2024 03:40

In the future, perhaps we shall date our generations by the Star Wars toys we recognize.
Early era; Mint as f**k Kenner action figures, Millennium Falcon with lights and sounds
Mid era; Republic Commandos and Super Battle Droids going at it every which way, and sick Lego kits
Late era; Landfill full of unsold Rose Tico's

WalterLuigi

May 15, 2024 04:52

Green box power of the force star wars toys for me.

WalterLuigi

May 15, 2024 04:53

Idk which era that falls under tho.

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.