AltScene
EliteSingles.com

Board.

Board.

Crowcifiction Created May 8, 2024 16:51
28 Comments

Caw, you all seem like a lot of boring cluckers, sooo...

What's your favourite Board game?

Or/and least favourite if you like?

This topic has 32 comments

Cherrywaves89

May 8, 2024 17:18

I've never played a board game ! Always consoles never board games , not even monopoly!

No Photo

Deleted User

May 8, 2024 17:29

Jumanji

Chess

Draughts

Crowcifiction

May 8, 2024 18:21

@cherry, not even snakes and ladders? (Sometimes found free on the back of a box of Christmas crackers or cereal).

WalterLuigi

May 8, 2024 18:44

Least favorite: Most of them
Favorite: DnD, Clue, Mansions of Madness, or Munchkin

No Photo

Deleted User

May 8, 2024 18:46

Lol I love clue

WalterLuigi

May 8, 2024 18:48

Mansions of Madness is a lot like clue and DnD had a baby. Its wonderful

Grumman

May 8, 2024 19:09

Trivial Pursuit

Neon Bright Star ⭐

May 8, 2024 23:09

Cranium and Clue are top favorites for me

WalterLuigi

May 9, 2024 14:44

Wooo 3 votes for clue!

Crowcifiction

May 9, 2024 19:00

I had a game called alley cats, throw the dice take a few steps, you were a cat and you had to move around to trash cans as tall as your 2D 2 inch cartoon looking cat, when you get there you get the fish skelly and hook it on the side of your cat and take it back to your home corner. The catch was that at the start of the game 4 bull dogs (that kind of resemble the one from tom and jerry) where placed in the trash cans and they were mixed up and placed on the board. If you lucked out then the other player would roll as the dog and chase after you. Also of you crossed the path of another players cat you could steal their fish skelly. Well that was an interesting story then wasn't it boys and girls.

Crowcifiction

May 9, 2024 19:05

There's a jumanji game? Actually, I'd play that. Can't be any worse than drinking dr pepper.

Is hero quest part of D&D? I see they've re-released it, in a more square box.

WalterLuigi

May 9, 2024 19:32

That game sounds pretty fun. At first I was expecting it to be similar to mouse trap, but nopeeeee

No Photo

Deleted User

May 9, 2024 19:47

Yes.
https://www.game.co.uk/en/jumanji-collector-board-game-replica-2908524

You can get cheap versions but that's a replica

Crowcifiction

May 9, 2024 20:08

That game looks the part, but I bet it has disappointment written all over it when you find you don't get attacked by giant spiders.

No Photo

Deleted User

May 9, 2024 20:10

I think the disappointment will enter when the monkeys dont drive past on a cop bike tbh...

WalterLuigi

May 9, 2024 20:52

I'm just trying to get stuck in the floor and go surfing in the house

May 9, 2024 22:31

Chess. If anyone's on Chess.com hit me up for a game, usually just play against the computer.

Mephisto

May 9, 2024 22:43

Chess is good. Might play some time.

Grumman

May 10, 2024 02:11

Clue sucks. I said what I said.

Neon Bright Star ⭐

May 10, 2024 16:57

This is why Gru can't sit at the cool kids table

Crowcifiction

May 10, 2024 21:39

I guess you could say, he doesn't have a clue.

Psychopatrish

May 10, 2024 23:41

Pass the Pig, though that's more of a dice game.

But there's no batteries required?...

Yo, Trivial Pursuit is my jam dawg.

lokiinlove

May 11, 2024 11:24

I've got a soft spot for the 80's War Of The Ring, and the Dragonlance board game, and the odd game of Talisman or old 80s Steve Jackson games

Which reminds me, I must check out his newer games and see if they're just as good

Grumman

May 11, 2024 20:11

I knew I liked you, Trish.

Scuffed in Stourbridge

May 14, 2024 15:14

I like Munchkin for quicksies, there are loads of good quick boardgames, but that's my go-to.
I have one acquaintance who also insists on a round of "connect four" every time, as he's given himself alcohol induced brain damage and can't handle much more complex.
For intermediate length games (hours to days) Skirmish scale wargames like Necromunda and Frostgrave.
I'm running a Classic Battletech campaign on a gradual, much longer (multi-month) basis, I use the old Ral Partha metals rather than the new Catalyst plastics or 3d printed proxies..
Drew a s**tty but serviceable planet map with crayons, assigned my friends some starting mechs and a 10 million C-bill bank to buy extra Mechs/Tanks/Infantry for their company.
In the end, I'mma paint a custom Urbanmech for whichever of my friends wins, and give it to them as a trophy.

WalterLuigi

May 14, 2024 16:42

@Scuffed: Munchkin is really solid. Been playing that a lot with Neon lately. I remember her telling me someone once claimed it takes hours to play which is wild cuz even with a group of several people I've never found a round to take over an hour or so.

Never played Frostgrave or Necromunda but they sound pretty interesting.

Scuffed in Stourbridge

May 15, 2024 02:32

@Walter
Munchkin CAN take hours IF you're playing with say, two people, then you can keep knocking each other back the track for ages, and the game turns into a stall-fest.
It's balanced better for more people; say four or five.

WalterLuigi

May 15, 2024 04:50

Even with 2 I've never found it that bad. But usually neon and I only start attacking one another towards the end. Pretty cooperative early on. Initially I do elf too so I can boost for helping her. Lmao

Then it's the wandering monster with like a plutonium dragon or some s**t. 😂😅

Scuffed in Stourbridge

May 15, 2024 12:29

Yeah, showing a little restraint helps speed it along, but when me and the boys play it normally develops into a backbiting s**tshow out the starting gate, which is a lark.
I think I've also exacerbated the game length by mixing decks from different editions into a "super-set" which gives you far more tools to bugger one another's progress with.
The Space version and the Adventure Time set mixed with the Base Set, and all the boards stuck end to end is a very silly way to play; I think that was the cause for my longest ever Munchkin game, I believe we only had about three players too, so we were all bristling with tools, and nobody could make much meaningful progress most of the time.
It's also a great demonstrator of the "Crab Bucket effect" - an early lead is often a quick way to get dogpiled, and giving everybody more tools and extending the board can make that way harder to overcome.

Neon Bright Star ⭐

May 15, 2024 14:16

I can't recall how long the game took, but the longest Munchkin game I ever played was four players who were back stabbing each other the whole game lmao

WalterLuigi

May 15, 2024 15:18

The crab bucket effect is very real in that game. Once someone almost wins or escapes its unavoidable that people will try to tear them down so they can't win.

I gotta try with the other boards and decks. That sounds fun, we only have the base game

Andhaka

May 15, 2024 18:13

What game do I play to get crows to become my friend?

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.