The Crow reboot

HowieFester85 Created Mar 15, 2024 11:59
29 Comments

Anybody saw the Crow reboot trailer? What do you guys think? One word: FLOP

This topic has 39 comments

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 15, 2024 19:36

Yeah, again Hollywood coming to bastardise another beloved film. I grew up watching the original Crow, it remains my favourite film to this day. Brandon Lee is and always will be immortalised as The Crow. To add even more insult, in an interview with the director he stated that he took zero inspiration from the source material nor the original film. Further stating that for the redesign he took inspiration from artists like, “Lil Peep and Post Malone”.

The film will flop and then, like clockwork they will blame people for not watching it as always because it was never asked for in the first place. It’s a cult classic and never needed another film, remake, or reboot. Such a disgrace to Lee’s legacy as well as the goth community and anyone who loved the original.

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 15, 2024 21:56

My God they’ve insulted me more than ever with this one based on what you guys are saying. I believe this system wanted to genetically exterminate Bruce Lee because of his brilliance and hence his son also.

K

Mar 15, 2024 21:58

💩💩

lokiinlove

Mar 16, 2024 00:09

The soundtrack to The Crow was good as well, it really added to the film

The film is a classic, I'm not bothered about a reboot

It's about as needed as Nicholas Cage shouting "The Bees!" in the Wickerman reboot

emperorroberto

Mar 16, 2024 03:42

Looks horrible.It looks diff at least but not good.Soundtrack,an Ozzy Osbourne song but idk?

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 16, 2024 05:32

@lokiinlove Yes it did! Big part of the film too. Most notably “Burn” from The Cure, NIN, Machines of loving grace, Stone Temples Pilots, etc.

emperorroberto

Mar 16, 2024 05:43

I like The Cure song,NIN makes me just want to listen to Joy Division and I like the girl w the dread's song.I love The Score.I wish there was a full version of Can't Rain All the Time.

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 16, 2024 05:46

Agreed and also that amazing guitar solo he did on the roof

emperorroberto

Mar 16, 2024 05:53

Yeah,2 versions w the longer version being better.

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 16, 2024 06:30

The original Crow has my heart and it always will same with the graphic novel. I’m lowkey a bit disappointed with how the reboot looks. I feel like they tried to go for more of the graphic novel Eric design but with a modern twist and I don’t think they did a good twist on it then. None the less I’ll give it a go because you do never know.

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 16, 2024 06:34

I don’t know how to feel about it all at once as well.

ctsvbullet

Mar 16, 2024 11:04

There are only certain remakes that well this is t one of them

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 19, 2024 15:44

I just found out that even one of the people who worked on the og film said it should remain Brandon’s legacy as he did pass away while making it and it’s a tribute to him. I fully agree with this.

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 19, 2024 16:46

I heard Alec Baldwin is involved in reshoots.

lokiinlove

Mar 19, 2024 18:13

I see the original as a goth romance

But then my idea of watching opera is Repo the Generic Opera

WalterLuigi

Mar 19, 2024 18:30

Repo's a masterpiece tbh.

@Jay: At least they will be staying true to the original tragedy. Lol

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 19, 2024 19:09

I love Repo!

WickedFae84

Mar 27, 2024 21:34

Yeah no. Not for me. I was 10 when the original came out. I had a huge crush on Brandon Lee from a different movie. When I found out he died making this, I HAD to see it. Even at such a young age, I had to see his last film. And I am glad I did. It's been one of my all time favorites ever since. I can't even watch the new trailer. Just seeing screen shots of Bill Skarsgard with that mullet, just no. Please no. Don't ruin something so many of us grew up with.

🧜🏻‍♀️_Siren _🧜🏻‍♀️

Mar 27, 2024 21:43

Not watching it, on its release day I'm going watch the real crow... I'm petty like that

Raz Vabbit

Mar 27, 2024 22:05

I like to watch real crows too. They don't like sharing food, but they tell their friends if you have some.

🧜🏻‍♀️_Siren _🧜🏻‍♀️

Mar 27, 2024 22:08

Thought that was seagulls?

Grumman

Mar 27, 2024 22:08

Yeah why are we rebooting crows? I think they’re great just as they are. One of my favorite birds, actually.

Raz Vabbit

Mar 27, 2024 22:18

Seagulls steal your food. Crows ask with a bowl in their hands.

🧜🏻‍♀️_Siren _🧜🏻‍♀️

Mar 27, 2024 22:20

Best time I had one the beach was watching this guy who thought he was all that getting his chips knocked out his hand when he turned his head by a seagull

Also where are you at??
I want see a crow with a bowl

Raz Vabbit

Mar 27, 2024 22:29

Figuratively speaking.

🧜🏻‍♀️_Siren _🧜🏻‍♀️

Mar 27, 2024 22:32

No no I want the crow with a bowl...

Don't back out of this bunny

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 27, 2024 22:36

It says a lot when of the people who worked on the og film even said leave it alone. Thats Brandon’s Legacy he died making that film. I 100% agree with him on that.

🧜🏻‍♀️_Siren _🧜🏻‍♀️

Mar 27, 2024 22:39

Facts ✨

Raz Vabbit

Mar 27, 2024 22:44

They could have made a separate character with a similar story, it didn't have to be Eric again... but look at hollywood right now. Devoid of all originality.

🧜🏻‍♀️_Siren _🧜🏻‍♀️

Mar 27, 2024 22:49

Because every good has already been done

Raz Vabbit

Mar 27, 2024 23:01

I heard the new Ghostbusters missed the mark. Another wasted opportunity...

🧜🏻‍♀️_Siren _🧜🏻‍♀️

Mar 27, 2024 23:16

Oh I was going to watch that, but rotten tomatoes has given it 43%

WalterLuigi

Mar 28, 2024 13:47

I don't get why they didn't just have him be Michael Korby. He looks like Michael Korby. Might as well have gone with that story line.

🧜🏻‍♀️_Siren _🧜🏻‍♀️

Mar 28, 2024 14:47

@ raz

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4lz9gnhjoL/?igsh=MTl0dWhxZ3ZzajM0cg==

Raz Vabbit

Mar 28, 2024 16:46

Obviously on it's way to the bowl store, via helicopter blade...?

lokiinlove

Mar 28, 2024 16:47

Not all Seagulls steal your food, I don't think Steven Seagull does

🧜🏻‍♀️_Siren _🧜🏻‍♀️

Mar 28, 2024 18:31

Lol pretty sure that's the quickest route to get a bowl raz....

Psychopatrish

Mar 29, 2024 19:43

The Crow.

Brandon Lee yes, hot AF. The only reason I went to see it originally.
The way it was spliced together though, after the poor guy lost his life for his craft? No justice done there if I'm being honest.

So, no way would I waste any more precious time on a friggin reboot. Why not just dig up Bruce and prop him up on stick, marionette his damn arms and legs around. That would have to be better then whatever the fack they bastardized this go...

emperorroberto

Mar 30, 2024 05:28

I think the second one is good to watch while on robotussin.

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.