AltScene
EliteSingles.com
EliteSingles.com

Moving To Ireland

Moving To Ireland

Zip Created Apr 21, 2024 13:22
5 Comments

So I'm moving to Dublin, Ireland for school and have never been out of the states except to Canada. I'm from a small town and am worried about culture shock. Anyone have advice on that? If your from Ireland ide like to know if there is a punk scene In Dublin like there is here in the states.

This topic has 6 comments

Forgotten soul

Apr 21, 2024 13:38

They do have their own alternative scene though it would be smaller than in larger cities.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 21, 2024 14:56

I like Irish chick's.

Apr 21, 2024 17:55

I don't think you need to worry too much about culture shock, they speak the same language and Ireland and America has a long history together. Dubin has a great metal scene, but I don't know much about the punk scene over there. The Foggy Dew is a great pub in the centre with an alternative crowd, and there are lots of venue for gigs (Whelans, Bruxells etc).

John Titor

Apr 23, 2024 22:53

Try Fibber McGees in O'Connell street for metal/punk. Also prepare to lube your posterior for extortionate rents and subpar accommodation, the government has intentionally inflated the property market given that 50% of them are landlords. Also beware of the teenage tracksuit brigade, they're known as knackers (similar to Chavs in the UK) and are dangerous, you cannot win with them, they attack in large groups, if you respond, you'll get the book thrown at you due to the nature of laws here. In fact they rioted in the city last November, we do not have a good grip on law and order.. Public transport is dire too, Dublin buses are usually late or never show up, ditto for the trains. Everything is also overpriced and there are very limited options beyond pub culture. Not to be too negative but I'm just preparing you for the reality of this place. You'll probably like it a lot more though as you haven't lived in the city for as long as I have.

lokiinlove

Apr 24, 2024 12:25

Plenty of nightlife in Dublin, just avoid the tourist traps as they are expensive

No Photo

Neon Bright Star ⭐

Apr 24, 2024 13:02

I haven't been to Ireland yet (though I have been to a few other countries) but from those I know who have been there, they always say it's one of the friendlier countries, that locals are generally more outgoing and social.
It's not the same thing, but I moved states recently (from West Coast to deep south) and it's a bit scary, hard to make new friends and get used to new surroundings, but try and see it as an adventure.

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.