AltScene
EliteSingles.com

My preference is...

My preference is...

Theeoldways37 Created Apr 21, 2024 22:36
19 Comments

I want a man to be a man. I like masculine men because I am a feminine woman. I want him to take the spider out while I stand on a chair, I want him to open the car door, be protective of me and treat me like a queen, in turn I will treat him like my king, eg bake cakes for him, dress nice for him and appreciate him. I got asked out today by a man who goes by non binery, I said no thankyou and he called me transphobic. 🙄 I turned round and said..."call me what you like I'm still going to want a man, who looks and acts like a natural born man. Now people was I In the wrong, should I change my opinion to please someone else (I'm not going to because that's stupid) or should i try to change my taste in men and women because its not on "on trend?

This topic has 22 comments

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 21, 2024 22:53

Good for you. You be you.

Grumman

Apr 22, 2024 04:52

You are not wrong. You are also not transphobic, based on this one interaction. You like what you like. Not everyone has to like everything. I would never date a nonbinary person either.

KillingNarcs

Apr 22, 2024 10:20

^ Agreed

K

Apr 22, 2024 11:02

What Grumman said

No Photo

Neon Bright Star ⭐

Apr 22, 2024 15:01

Agreed with the commenters above. I also don't f**k with NB. I am not bi or pan. I am straight, I want a man. NB by its definition means they don't see themselves as men (or women).

My vote is you are NTA

WalterLuigi

Apr 22, 2024 15:12

Nah, you're allowed to have preferences and that's perfectly fine and valid. Nothing you did was transphobic, people just love throwing around buzz words to self victimize and shame others as a way of manipulating them.

I don't like women with short, buzzed hair or that are overly masculine. Also a preference, also fine.

🧜🏻‍♀️_Siren _🧜🏻‍♀️

Apr 22, 2024 20:05

Reading comments while having part shaved head like... 😅

lokiinlove

Apr 23, 2024 18:19

My preference for women is flexible depending on the personality, plenty of times I've been attracted to women who wouldn't normally be my type but there is something about them

I just don't like people to be overly thin usually

Amaryllis95

Apr 24, 2024 23:07

Nothing's wrong with having a preference, everyone has preferences, & that doesn't sound transphobic whatsoever. Like @WalterLuigi said, unfortunately a lot of people just like to throw buzz words around because they want to stay in a victim mindset

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 25, 2024 18:43

Preference is valid. That person was trying to guilt you.

Flyxglitter

Apr 25, 2024 21:47

I don't understand the whole non binary, gender fluid they/ them BS. But I understand preference and I think your honesty is more important than playing along to something you don't want to.

No Photo

Neon Bright Star ⭐

Apr 26, 2024 01:33

I hate to say this, but I am on the same boat about not understanding the NB thing. Most people I know who classify themselves as NB just present as their birth gender but apparently want to be classified as "not that" Makes literally no sense to me. Like if you're born male, and you dress male, and have a beard, I have a hard time understanding how you're somehow not a man.

Gothicvamp777

Apr 26, 2024 04:45

Trans people are the real bigots, they're afraid of straight people!!!

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 26, 2024 05:41

There's a difference between saying "I have never been attracted to someone who is X" and saying "I will never date a person who is X just because they are X". The first one is the statement of a fact based on personal experience while the second one is bigoted. If the mere thought of dating someone who is X bothers you in itself just because they happen to be X then you have a problem.

Example: I've never been attracted to any man I've ever met, that's just a fact, but the thought of dating a man doesn't bother me in itself. It might happen one day, who knows, it's just that in practice it's unlikely to happen because it hasn't happen so far in my life and the past is generally a good predictor if the future. On the other hand if I were to say "I will never date a man who is gay" then that would be homophobic (if you don't agree with that last part then try replacing "gay" with "black" and see how it sounds...)

As for understanding NB / trans / etc. people, whether you understand them or not is irrelevant. They still deserve respect. If you meet such a person and you're not attracted to them, fine, that's just the way it is. Beyond that, live and let live, it's no skin off your back.

Amaryllis95

Apr 26, 2024 06:48

I don't understand the nonbinary thing either

lokiinlove

Apr 26, 2024 12:01

I'm not a bigot, but the Vamp incel that's a different matter...

No Photo

Neon Bright Star ⭐

Apr 26, 2024 14:42

@hen but I will never date a gay man is absolutely different than saying I'd never date a black man because.... Drum roll.... A gay man is not exactly likely to date a woman (because that's the very definition of homosexual right? Same s*x attraction..) I don't find it homophobic to not date a gay man when I want a man who's physically attracted to me

WalterLuigi

Apr 26, 2024 15:43

@hcn: So I'm bigoted against men? I would never date a man, because they're a man. I find the idea of s*x with a man to be revolting and it makes me want to puke. Probably because I'm straight.

I don't really think that logic makes much sense.

No Photo

Neon Bright Star ⭐

Apr 26, 2024 16:33

I don't know. I support teams rights and one of my friends is trans, I can be supportive and an ally and not want to date someone who is trans (at least pre-op anyways). I am attracted to men and men only (so not women, cis or trans) and I also like d**k and am not even remotely attracted to vagina. You need to both be a man (cis or trans) and have a d**k for me to be attracted to you. Does that make me a bigot?

Grumman

Apr 26, 2024 17:19

Hcn, I have been ruminating on your response since I read it earlier. It is thought provoking. My personal intuition is that the distinction you make between a preference and a bias in this case might be a distinction without much of a difference. It could also be that for me, if my stance constitutes genuine bigotry, then it’s bigotry I don’t feel very motivated to distance myself from. To me, race bigotry or bigotry towards sexuality is more of a moral failing because those are immutable characteristics of a person, whereas claiming nonbinary status is still a somewhat questionable aspect of this headlong dive into identitarianism western culture has made lately. In the past, for example, gender benders like Prince or David Bowie might have been displaying some nonbinary traits but they weren’t saying anything very profound about sēx and gender. A lot of people claiming nonbinary today seem to be doing it to stand out in the same way they claim mood disorders, anxiety, unfamiliar sexualities no one knows about like greysexual, demisexual, etc., and other things that put a kind of victim status on everything about them. I’ve read enough profiles on this site to know that it’s pretty common especially in Gen Z people. I’m not sure why it’s on me or anyone else to validate every single measure of social oppression these people feel afflicted by, and when I see those kinds of things, I automatically tune out and don’t care to interact.

Theeoldways37

Apr 26, 2024 17:56

@hcn, I'm old school if you were born with a c**k then you're a bloke and vice verca. You can believe your anything you want to be I don't give a s**t, I will call you a woman or man if that's what you want but I'm still going to want that c**k attached to a man that looks like one and acts like one. Plus the black statement, I'm not into black men or women I like ginger women with blue eyes and white men with blue eyes, it doesn't bother me if someone doesn't like dating black, white, Chinese or Indian, I don't give a f**k as I don't care about colour it's irrelevant to me just like using lots of letters to describe someone. You like what you like and don't like whatever you want for any reason you want. I didn't want to date that man because I wasn't attracted to him he had nothing I found sexually attractive about him. Why date someone just to try them out to see if you would like it that's a stupid idea, what if he developed feelings for me and I was just trying him out. I like honesty and me saying I don't want that is honest. Everybody can live how they want date who they want whenever they want and they can also choose what they want to look for in a mate as long as they don't hurt anyone. I'm bisexual woman as I have a vagina I was born a woman not a sis woman just a woman and that is what nature said I am going to be for the rest of my life, and I can be at peace with that because I don't give a s**t about changing what I am. If someone wants to be something different then again I don't give a s**t do what you want it's irrelevant. Live your life the way you want to just like I'm doing with mine.

Scuffed in Stourbridge

Apr 30, 2024 01:44

I think most people would find it difficult to take a person with a "meme identity" seriously as a romantic interest.
Unless it's like, the same one.
Gender specials date gender specials, skinheads date skinheads, maoists date maoists, etc.
Mohammed Ali said something about birds once, that's all.

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.