AltScene
EliteSingles.com
EliteSingles.com
EliteSingles.com

gun leavers

gun leavers

Darkhorse1215 Created Apr 17, 2024 07:31
13 Comments

Why they always do that in stupid movies? Super outmatched, get the drop, knock out a bitch out of luck, leave his gat when there are more people chasing you.

This topic has 13 comments

Darkhorse1215

Apr 17, 2024 07:32

Haven't you played a videogame, loot all the s**t from defeated enemies? Don't you have common sense? pick up a gun and figure it out?

Darkhorse1215

Apr 17, 2024 07:38

It's not rocket science. f**k with me, and I'll deal with it. It's going to cost you, bitch. Ak, AR, SKS, Glock, 1911, no problem. Everything else, I'll figure out.

Darkhorse1215

Apr 17, 2024 07:43

It's not about being "cool". It's functionality. defending self and loved ones. Strive for a peaceful life, and destroy everything that puts its ugly d**k in the way.

Grumman

Apr 17, 2024 14:17

The movies aren’t realistic. This frequently happens in physical altercations between police and suspects and usually results in the suspect being killed. The police cannot allow a dangerous person to incapacitate them and take their gun from them.

I think in a real world scenario in which a gun is a very useful thing to have, most people would actually take it, time permitting.

WalterLuigi

Apr 17, 2024 14:48

"Sorry guys. I've fired all 30 rounds in my 10 round magazine. Time to leave the gun behind captain blackbeard style rather than grabbing another magazine and reloading"

Darkhorse1215

Apr 17, 2024 19:49

Yeah, seriously. So many movies have people making absolutely dumb decisions when it comes to survival, and it has nothing to do with learned knowledge and everything to do with common sense.

Darkhorse1215

Apr 17, 2024 19:54

I don't currently own guns, but know the basics of how to use them, and how some of the most common ones operate.

You see it with other stuff, too, in movies. Knives, shovels, other weapons, and other useful items like medical supplies.

Grumman

Apr 17, 2024 21:55

I’ve owned two firearms ever. The first was a semiautomatic AK-47. Very easy to take down and reassemble, not much going on with it. When I collected Nazi stuff, I traded it for a K98. Again, very simple mechanism. The K98 kicked like a mule, however, and its rifling was so worn out it was incredibly inaccurate. And 8mm Mauser proved to be surprisingly much more expensive than 7.62 x 39. So I traded the K98 back for the same AK. I sold the AK after Parkland because my beliefs about the contributions of guns to gun violence made me a hypocrite. I probably should have destroyed it if I really felt strongly about it, but I needed the money and the gun went to someone I trusted. I don’t plan to own any other firearms currently, although I have thought about getting something for home defense like a shotgun or handgun. But with a child on the way, I don’t think I want to introduce that kind of danger into our household right now.

WalterLuigi

Apr 18, 2024 14:58

I really want to get a P320 personally. Especially now that they fixed the accidental discharge issues. I prefer striker fire pistols as I find them to be more accurate and I love the modular nature. But I can't really justify the price for something I'd likely only ever use at the range. But boy does it fire nicely. I have no need for a rifle or I'd go for some AR platform model due to the modular nature too.

Darkhorse1215

Apr 18, 2024 20:51

I've done some shooting with friends, and rented automatic weapons in Las Vegas on a few occasions. I do enjoy shooting, and despite not having much practice and no formal training, I shoot quite decently.

The AR is a good platform, but I really like the reliability of the AK. A Zastava AK in 308 would be plenty of gun, although expensive to shoot. I like those bigger battle rifles. Glocks are kind of divisive, most people either love them or hate them. I like them for their simplicity, and shoot them well. The triggers really aren't as ass as people make them out to be. I've shot Glocks in several calibers. I like the feel of the 1911 and the trigger, but the mechanical complexity and single-stack mags (unless you get a 2011) kind of put me off.

WalterLuigi

Apr 18, 2024 21:22

I love the look of the 1911 but god is it largely a pretty s**t gun unless you get a very expensive one. Glock on the other hand is cheap and reliable but ugly as hell. The P320 gives me a bit of the best of both worlds at a middle range price. Fair on the AK. I just hate that most of them aren't very modular and definitely more on the pricey side compared to an AR.

At the range near my house we have a fully auto P90 that is fun af to shoot. Sucks how expensive it gets due to eating up ammo though. Still not as fun as my buddies deagle though.

Mr Beelzeebubbles

Apr 18, 2024 21:28

I just miss my old Australian made Lee Enfield 303, but rifle range costs in Sydney were just ridiculous so I sold it.

Grumman

Apr 19, 2024 02:24

WWI vintage? One of the great early mass produced military rifles.

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.