AltScene
EliteSingles.com
EliteSingles.com

Dead Malls

Dead Malls

emperorroberto Created Mar 19, 2024 20:21
17 Comments

Why are malls dying?I get Amazon but why are malls closing out of everything retail.I would think if you wanted to go shopping you would go to a mall because it's a lot of diff things at one place

This topic has 21 comments

Matte-Black Wraith-Cat

Mar 19, 2024 21:31

I like shopping in the comfort of my own home, plus the prices tend to be a bit outrageous at the mall compared to else where - one of my favorite perfumes was about $15 more at the mall than Amazon..not only that, but I got sick of people trying to sell phones and plans in the middle of the aisles and legitimately getting upset when you kindly tell them no 🙃 These are just my personal experiences though, I don't think the mall near me is a decent example 😆

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 19, 2024 23:16

What kind of system loving, devil genitalia suckling conformist orders from Amazon?

emperorroberto

Mar 19, 2024 23:22

Goddamnit,everyone orders from Amazon.It's just when people do retail shopping you think they would go to the mall.She made sense w the phone thing would bother people but still.

Gothicvamp777

Mar 19, 2024 23:59

I actually used to work at Amazon myself, I was one of the sorters on the conveyor belt, and I loaded the palettes onto the trucks.

emperorroberto

Mar 20, 2024 00:20

A video said transportation to most American malls are bad but still going to strip malls and other stores easier to get to?They also said anchor stores that don't stay there are tougher to get someone to move in and they are what gets people to go to the mall.It sounds like it makes sense a little but idk?

GuyWearingTripps

Mar 20, 2024 01:46

Many factors. High property tax for the building owners along with upkeep cost gets passed down to the businesses renting inside. Low returns for the stores due to online shoppers using Amazon, people having to be more careful with their money due to cost of living, having to pay employees more to keep staff all forces businesses to look for a cheaper option or close entirely. When a store leaves the cost of their rent gets spread across other stores in the mall causing a domino effect. Fortunately the mall closest to me is still doing fairly well but I have been in several dead malls, one in Muskogee that only had like 4 stores in the whole building that was open.

emperorroberto

Mar 20, 2024 03:26

^That sounds like the answer to me.

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 20, 2024 03:28

Ordered like 5 things from Amazon. Make them a department store in a mall if anything. Or let's beat them up.

emperorroberto

Mar 20, 2024 03:31

I think they should have Amazon retail stores.They'd be like a big warehouse and you place your order like an hour or two earlier.

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 20, 2024 11:33

I think Amazon should be abolished after buying out Whole Foods RIGHT BEFORE they were gonna mandate GMO labeling!

Ya didn’t know that now did ya sonny boys

emperorroberto

Mar 20, 2024 13:44

That's no surprise.Food's not regulised that much and also a substance were not suppose to talk about in the forums is or is going to be that way.

emperorroberto

Mar 20, 2024 13:46

What's this b u l l s h i t about sonny boys?

emperorroberto

Mar 20, 2024 14:15

I don't really give a sh-t just idk?

Mar 20, 2024 14:34

I think a lot of people don't like shopping at chain stores anymore. Personally, I'd rather give my money to a small, independent retailer than buy the same generic crap that's available in the bigger shopping malls. Record Stores are a good example. I'd rather spend my time and money in a place where the staff actually take an interest in the products they are selling. Perhaps that's part of it?

K

Mar 21, 2024 16:02

Online shopping nerfed actual chain stores

emperorroberto

Mar 21, 2024 23:30

Dying malls can have a lot of independent stores.

GuyWearingTripps

Mar 22, 2024 00:43

Don't forget Jeff Bezos bought roomba because the data the vacuum gathers about your house tells him what to advertise to you so you will buy more through Amazon

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 22, 2024 00:46

@Tripps brruuuuhhh 😧

@1984 🫡

Gadget

Mar 22, 2024 03:20

Jesus Christ, Davey, you are a funny mfer.

GuyWearingTripps

Mar 22, 2024 22:58

I keep up with news on a daily bases, hard to remember which news had the interview that he talked about the acquisition and his reasons. Some stores still do well though and smart ones implement online sales as part of their strategy when possible, however many e-commerce options have been making the user agreement more unfavorable.

Halloweenforever

Mar 27, 2024 07:39

I feel like stores in a mall have to pay the "mall tax", meaning their goods get priced up. Unless you have online sales, I feel like it's hard to stay in business with the competitive pricing of online retailers. If you factor in gas, dependent on distance, it just isn't worth it. On top of that, maybe its just me, but the vibe of some of these just seem off these days.

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.