AltScene
EliteSingles.com
EliteSingles.com
EliteSingles.com

What are some new/recent/current bands everyone likes?

What are some new/recent/current bands everyone likes?

Gadget Created Mar 19, 2024 01:48
28 Comments

Whatever it is, I want to hear about it.

This topic has 32 comments

Grumman

Mar 19, 2024 18:07

How recent is “recent?”

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 19, 2024 18:32

If you’re into the blackmetal scene I highly recommend Eminentia Tenebris, Keys to the astral gates, and Kanonenfieber. Eminentia is melodic blackmetal from France and fairly new (2020). Kanonenfieber, (war-themed melodic death/black) is also fairly new (2021), from Germany. Keys is US raw blackmetal that started in 2023 with some interesting demos. I always keep my ears open for recent bands that are actually worth listening to.

Gadget

Mar 20, 2024 23:04

@Grumman Like last decade.

Hazy Sunset

Mar 20, 2024 23:24

I mean... my music is pretty different to everyone else.
But, bands that I love that are within the last decade:
Mind In A Box, Thyx, I Don't Know How But They Found Me,
Gunship, and oh so many more :')
Very little interest in mainstream music whether that's mainstream in terms
of pop music, or, mainstream in terms of what most people go for.
But, great music.

Gadget

Mar 21, 2024 00:05

Why is Mind In A Box's visual production so good but their vocals are soooo.... ? I might have to revisit them later. I don't know how but they found me is pretty cool. Have you ever heard of a band called A Whisper In The Noise? I suspect you might like them.

Hazy Sunset

Mar 21, 2024 00:06

I personally really like their vocals haha
Although, I must admit, from what I've heard of their new album.
It's not as good as previous ones.
Their visual production is pretty good though.

I can't say I've heard of those myself, I'll have to check them out!

Gadget

Mar 21, 2024 00:14

It must have just been that one song. I'm listening to 8 Bit now. Instant dance party. Lol. Do young people know about bands like Le Tigre, The Faint, The Rapture?

Gadget

Mar 21, 2024 00:14

It must have just been that one song. I'm listening to 8 Bit now. Instant dance party. Lol. Do young people know about bands like Le Tigre, The Faint, The Rapture?

Hazy Sunset

Mar 21, 2024 00:22

Which song was it you listened to, do you know?
I feel like I've seen Le Tigre somewhere online before, I don't know
about the other two however.

Gadget

Mar 21, 2024 00:33

"Change"... It just.. Idk. Lol. Not bad just kinda rough sounding. I wasn't sure if it was a stylistic choice or not. It's starting to sound more like the vocals were a stylistic choice. This is actually really interesting. I like it.

Hazy Sunset

Mar 21, 2024 00:38

Ah, yeah it's intentional. They do it in a lot of the older songs.
I think it takes a little to adjust too it, cos very few bands really use
it to the extent that they do.

Gadget

Mar 21, 2024 00:54

Ahh. I forgot to respond to black metal bro.
No, I'm not super into black metal.
I'm not much into heavy music anymore.
I just kinda... Idk it doesn't excite me.

WalterLuigi

Mar 21, 2024 13:45

Newish, but Berried Alive is a good gimmick band and Bilmuri I enjoy because he's all over the spectrum with sound and the memes

Grumman

Mar 21, 2024 13:49

Newish, within the last 10-12 years, I’d say Entheos, The Contortionists, Pallbearer, Fallujah, Archspire, and Kardashev.

K

Mar 21, 2024 15:59

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RwVO2EjPXE

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 21, 2024 16:03

Celldweller and his projects, primarily circle of dust

I recommend

Circle of Dust - Contagion
Argyle Park - The Communist Master of Deceit (the version that starts off with the old school radio show host talking cause the other ones are not as good)

Anthony55

Mar 21, 2024 20:41

Oliver sykes of bmth is still the best . Their careers is rising

WalterLuigi

Mar 21, 2024 21:34

Good to see you back Anthony, you've been oddly quiet lately. Tbh, I prefer their older stuff. The newer stuff has gone really down hill imo. Amo especially was very weak.

Gadget

Mar 21, 2024 21:56

Bilmuri is the greatest name for a metal band ever.

Gadget

Mar 21, 2024 21:58

Holy s**t. Bilmuri rules.

Neon Bright Star ⭐

Mar 22, 2024 01:03

Ok gonna have to agree with the resident furry... Celldweller is pretty dope.

WalterLuigi

Mar 22, 2024 13:58

Agreed for sure on Celldweller. Haven't listened to much of his stuff since my late teens, but I go back from time to time.

ctsvbullet

Mar 22, 2024 21:03

been listehing too solol artists named KRIMH who is also the past drummer for the band decapcated septic flesh and now he in the death metal band metal band called daath so some other band forgot but itehcvinall he in three bands touring with older band anyway and soloarti which just awsome also been listening too nile as well they just wrapped up recorin the there new album so ill be waiting for then another project band called narctoic watsteland which was dallas wade told band who used be in nile but left for this project band he made been listen alot inflames as well slipknot cradle of filth and alot alot of soulfly lacuna coil as well then six feet under becuse new album about come out soon well and come cannibal corpse shadows falls just started touring again and fear factory and otep ill nino and sticx and wayne project band before he died. and of course deth klok cuse it f**king rules.

ctsvbullet

Mar 22, 2024 21:05

and forgot that this other band everyone gotta check out flesh god apocalypse they just made new single which also means new album is goann some what come out in the near future as well.

Halloweenforever

Mar 27, 2024 07:41

Creature Feature is really good if you want a spooky, 2000s alt rock kinda vibe. I also highly recommend myrtorp, he's an independent guy on youtube that does a lot of experimental rock, synth metal, and more!

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 30, 2024 20:45

Behemoth

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 30, 2024 20:51

Carly Rae Jepsen has some banging songs specifically one banging song i really like Call Me Maybe is what i'm saying.

It's on Guitar Hero.

WalterLuigi

Mar 31, 2024 20:41

I almost forgot about behemoth. Solid band

ctsvbullet

Apr 1, 2024 04:42

behmoth kicks ass decapted and spoetic flesh will be touring my state soon end of next month gonna kick ass. and khrim drummer was in both of those bands excep just drums for septic flesh his other project band inculding daath.

lokiinlove

Apr 1, 2024 10:19

Lebanon Hanover gives me that early 80's The Cure vibe

ctsvbullet

Apr 2, 2024 05:16

flesh god aplcypse proabbly stil wanna check out now there back on tour hopefully new album will arise soon they f**king awsome itilan death metal progvmetal band ever from itialy besides lacina coil might look for more itlan metal bands like this

Ranger Pariah

Apr 4, 2024 05:49

https://open.spotify.com/artist/0qsMpawuC9W6kQlbu1mbo1?si=xJLlWVT-SG5TBaVzvB0Q

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.