AltScene
EliteSingles.com

Age Gap Dating and Relationships.

Age Gap Dating and Relationships.

Goodewitch Created Oct 19, 2017 15:51
22 Comments

Good evening Ladies and Gents.
Alternative dating sites by their very nature, tend to be places for younger people. Eighteen to thirtyish.
There are a few older lads and lasses on this site, including myself. What are your opinions on having older members on the site? Do you feel they're wasting their time being here? If you're a younger member, do you consider older members to be irrelevant, or maybe would consider them for casual dates? Or would you consider the for relationships? Do the older members feel comfortable here, with the age ranges , and the kinds of messages you receive? Do you feel you get more out of the Community aspect of the site, or have you had dating relationship successes here. All opinions of dating outside of your age range welcome. Thanks everyone.

This topic has 43 comments

Razor

Oct 19, 2017 16:04

People are entitled to date regardless of age. They can go with whatever attracts them. Whoever they're most comfortable with.
The obvious exception to that is being attracted to people below the age of consent.

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 19, 2017 16:21

Yeah tend to find for a relationship to work it's got to be within 10 years younger and 10 years older at over 30 years old a good rule of thumb is half your age plus 10 years, some really nice 20 somethings on here great to chat with but can't compete with the energy of someone in their 20s lolz then again life experience is underestimated by the energy of youth

Goodewitch

Oct 19, 2017 16:42

My own experience of this site in particular is that I get to chat with some lovely twenty-somethings, but that I couldn't really see myself trying to date an of them. I cant imagine anything could come of it, really. Thirty-somethings , depending on where theyre at in life, are a definite possibility for me, and they seem to be fine with me being a few years older than them. I do ideally like to date around my own age or a bit older, but , as I said before, on a site like this , that caters to the type of people I find attractive, they're all pretty much younger.
I guess its correct to say that everyones individual, and its whatever works for that person, however, I cant shake the feeling that most younger people are not going to take an older person on here, seriously. Unless theyre specifically looking for older. I agree @Pheelix, that energy levels are a 'thing'. I even get knackered just reading messages from young uns. Theyre so goddamned perky

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 19, 2017 16:51

Haha yeah goodewitch when I was that age it was all non stop 3 clubs a week with parties and gigs in between kind of swapped it for long hours and a car an a bike now semi unemployed 're self employed the hours are great but the boss can be a bit lazy hahaha

Queen Bitch

Oct 19, 2017 17:00

I dunno... I get a fair few messages from younger and older guys... My general preference is a bit younger, but I've had messages from 18 year old, and that I wouldn't consider... I have a nephew older than that!

I don't really see age as too big a deal... But then I'm not really looking for dating at the moment... If something too good to miss comes along then fine, but I'm not really looking for anything.

It's great to see you back though, Mel. The place is always a little better with you around

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 19, 2017 17:27

I don't see age as a big deal, or hindrance when it comes to dating, my rule of thumb is 21 & up. I've dated older, and definitely tend to prefer a little older. With dating someone younger or older, I think it also depends on where they are in life at the moment, whether there financially stable, or still trying to figure things out in life.

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 19, 2017 17:52

I personally won't date anyone outside of 5 years from my age. So they gotta be in their 20s.

But I've been considering expanding that down to 18 and up to like 40 depending on the person.

I feel a gap like that would probably be a bit too drastic of a difference in life circumstances and maturity though and would ultimately fail, but could be fun for the short term. I'm not really at a point in my life to care for anything too serious anyways though as I just got out of a s**t marriage earlier this year.

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 19, 2017 18:05

Hey Mel, welcome back gorgeous x

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 19, 2017 18:43

I prefer older and mature to a point.

Goodewitch

Oct 19, 2017 19:22

Thank you for the welcome back Maitresse, and QB. Its great to see old friends here.

Jez

Oct 19, 2017 19:31

I'm not ageist, but I do prefer deceased and a good, healthy 7 day rot.

Jack of all Trades

Oct 19, 2017 20:47

Welcome back, Mel! Long time no see!

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 19, 2017 20:48

Welcome back, Mel,,,

Goodewitch

Oct 19, 2017 20:51

Thank ye Koos, and thank ye Modda. Its good to see you both too.
Thought I would make this topic to gather opinions on 'how old is too old' for this site. It feels fine when you're hanging around in the Forums to be any age,..but for the actual dating side..errr, I don't feel so comfortable, you know? I fear I may be getting to the age where I need to wear a leopardskin print blouse and badly applied make up...*shudders*

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 19, 2017 20:56

Headband optional?

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 19, 2017 20:57

I had seen you on recently online before, and was like, YAY! but then you hadn't popped back on the forum, so,,,

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 19, 2017 21:10

You are as old as you feel and you are still smokin hot. Every ass has a seat here 😘

Goodewitch

Oct 19, 2017 21:10

Headband definitely a possibility Modda. Ehh you know me Modda, I have a habit of popping up ten years later, disappearing again, and then re emerging...never looking a day older, funnily enough

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 19, 2017 21:11

As for the topic, I've known younger folks who were pretty mature, and older ones who are a long way from it.
Cultural references, humor, what is appropriate to talk about, etc, all that can be impedments, but aren't always age related (tho usually are). When someone much younger expresses interest, it freaks me out. Don't want to hurt someone with rejection, so finding the words is not easy. Also can't help but wonder why me? Are they catfish, do they have deep seated psychological issues that can worsen, will they endanger themselves by approaching the wrong guys thinking they can handle it or risk emotional abuse by some crafty elder manipulating them in that manner, or even vice versa?

The building I lived at for 21 years was mostly college students as was I when I first moved there. As the years went by, they started looking like they were 15, but obviously weren't. Funny how perception alters with age.

Goodewitch

Oct 19, 2017 21:12

@Maitresse
The only trouble is, my ass needs a seat twice as wide these days...Thanks Maitresse, you're looking fine too. x

Goodewitch

Oct 19, 2017 21:15

@Moda.
Yes, it concerns me a little too. I have felt on a few occasions like I could possibly be finding myself in a situation where I could be seen as manipulative, or, conversely, being manipulated into playing the 'older person' role, as defined by them. Is a strange one... each individual needs to be looked into before leaping, Ive found.

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 19, 2017 21:15

You do!!!

I used to till the last decade, then it started catching up. My sisters still look much younger so I guess the damage from all that rigorous hard liquor consumption from years back finally did their trick,., WHOO HOO !!!

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 19, 2017 21:20

Oh yes, since sometimes some of them have esteem issues, shoving them away seems cruel. So I end up being the older friend/mentor which seems cool till it turns out that tho they were made to understand that, they still are hoping or trying for something more, and can get even more ansty or demanding about it.

Goodewitch

Oct 19, 2017 21:23

Absolutely Modda. Man, its tough being as lovely as we are, eh?
It is a worry though, either way, wether you mentor them until they demand more, or wether they do take flight with your encouragement,..it can all leave you feeling that you wasted a crap load of your own time.

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 19, 2017 21:31

Get a dog.

Goodewitch

Oct 19, 2017 21:38

@Cactus..Stop being so reasonable!!!

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 19, 2017 22:03

One thing I have learned is that they just keep making the same mistakes regardless, so all advice is for naught. Then you have to console them only for them to do it again and again. All the while they strangely think somehow by giving them an ear you are now beholden to them and thus want you even more to cave into what are becoming demands. Try to get away form that, and now it's boiled rabbit in your inbox time,,, Emotional Development vs Logic tends to favor the former.

Not that they have to live by advice given to them, but comes a point that survey sez: OUCH means STOP!

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 19, 2017 22:03

it really depends on the person but yeah those catch-fishes can really mess you up sometimes especially hearing those tinder stories about dates those people went on think what were getting getting some-else got killed for it so really anything can be off depending on the person i guess pretty much it for me on that.

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 19, 2017 22:04

from* that

Goodewitch

Oct 19, 2017 22:07

@Modda. Yep, that's why I generally don't even speak much to anyone these days Its too much effort expended, to wach someone run into the same wall over and over again.
@Boombeach...Oh my! Well I hope I don't get horribly murdered or anything...that would put a serious crimp in my day.

Goodewitch

Oct 19, 2017 23:09

Are you directing your comment at me Hooli? Why would I give a f**k about the subject in general? Well, I don't want to end up being Altscenes equivalent of old Desperado, ya know? Or at least, being perceived as such. Good to see you btw

Sean P.

Oct 20, 2017 00:23

Meh, I dig chicks.... 41 and single..... I'm still probably gonna dig chicks at 42, 43 etc..... Most of my life I've loved underground music..... The Clash and Ramones at 6 years old..... That love for music is not going away..... The lead singer of The U.K. Subs is 70 now..... Punkers in general..... I dont think any of us thought we'd make it this far.... The passion remains..... The attraction remains..... If younger people have differant notions (and they do) of what punk is.... Fine. Ive been at this a long long time. No reason to stop now..... See ya on the dance floor s.u.c.k.a's

atomicplaygirl

Oct 20, 2017 08:01

Goodewitch and Pheelix....I'm on board with what y'all said early up in the thread.

This is the day and age of SugarBabyitis. It is so common online and practically a viable life option among many of the 20ish crowd (m and f). As in when you ask some of them what they want to be when they grow up they will say nurse, doctor, fireman ,sugar baby, computer tech. Oh......i forgot rapper or video vixen. All the instagram models living large, going on luxury trips and the like. Looks fun until you find out what they have to do for it. Maybe it is my own lack of confidence but when a 20yr old tries to flirt with me my mind always goes there. And I can just hardly take care of myself so no way can I be some young person's SugarMomma.

My exp is the 5yrs above and 10yrs below rule is good.

-Charsehole

Oct 20, 2017 08:13

Age isn't really an issue with me if it's between adults. I'm in a relationship with a guy 30 years older than me.

Queen Bitch

Oct 20, 2017 14:04

Yeah, to each their own... As long as everyone involved is a consenting adult, their relationship, their business

Deathlyshade

Oct 20, 2017 17:02

All I can say is I don't feel my age. I know people on here who are younger but act older. Therefore decided a while back that I wasn't going to grow up.

Queen Bitch

Oct 20, 2017 21:47

Nothing wrong with staying young at heart Deathly

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 21, 2017 01:08

relation ships are werid thing if need relay on someone to be youre self imen at some when usy you shoud know that donr anwla need a person too make you happy do things your self set your own goals some its better that way just sayain

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 21, 2017 20:33

Most people on here stick to people their own age from my experience.

gandalf776

Oct 22, 2017 07:01

it is good to see the ladies speaking out on this topic here. i have been on other sites and this topic will come up in their forum or they will have like interest groups on the subject. the one thing i see common between them is there are like 40 guys to 1 or 2 women. the guys will be talking about wanting to find younger women yet none ever speak out the few that do are of the 40 and over crowd. i would like to say there are a lot of lovely young women here but i also see a lot of them have not been here in a year or more or at least from my location. i have found that women seem to mature faster than men. that is part of the attraction for me to younger women. they also tend to be more opinionated and not afraid to speak their mind. when i have been with women my own age or older the best way i have found to describe it is that they have already been through so many bad relationship that they go into their next one as "well this will surely suck" and those few of us real good guys do not stand a chance. they have seen so much bad that they are blind to the good. the younger women put out an energy that as someone else said you are only as old as you feel. the younger ladies do help a guy like me not feel old. of course this is just my opinion.

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 22, 2017 07:21

Honestly, if two people get along, can share the same mindset, and of course (but goes without saying) are legal.
Then age is just a number.
I'm 24 and I like a girl who's about 10 years older than I am.
While that may just seem normal, I don't think 'older' members are wasting their time.
After all who knows when a friendship blossoms into something more

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 22, 2017 08:07

Well it ain't their time that's being wasted, since they have less of it left anyways.

Short term lust satiation is one thing, but the happily ever after starts to matter when it's on two different timescales.
Long term? Geriatric care after a spell of declining performance and descending body parts usually isn't part of the plan to while away one's middle years. But then after the funeral there's always the lonely senior years to now spend hunting for mentally 'mature' yet physically immature young un with severe parental issues because those frozen in such a mindset are waaaaaaaaaaay advanced for their years, right? (Need I spell out the irony in that inverted equation?)

Yes, age IS an number, that's why we tabulate it.

Sean P.

Oct 22, 2017 10:13

Tabulate!

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.