This blew my mind

Migiヽ(^0^)ノ Created Apr 9, 2017 19:27
13 Comments

https://youtu.be/eWNBz6HZTgs

This topic has 64 comments

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 10, 2017 17:25

Because of how incredibly stupid it is? Yeah, it's mindblowingly stupid.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 10, 2017 17:42

I was watching Columbo last night when I put that on, so wasn't paying 100% attention.
Some of the details, I'm not sure, and the tying it to Astrological beliefs was stretchiing it.
But the Horus as Jesus before Jesus IS true, as well as the Krishna thing, and Mithra, etc.

The piece ommitted some details in order to keep with it's narrative, as well as the obvious.
The Zoroastrian sect of Mithraism was widespread in Rome 2000 years ago, and everything from the Pope's tiara to the clasping of palms to pray intsead of face up and looking to the sky to pray as Jesus said to do are Zoroastrian. So is belief in the Apocalypse, which IS this tearing the world asunder battle between good and evil in which good will prevail, not this age of Aquarius thing the vid described.
The obvious it overlooked is that the reason said mytholgical duplicates prevailed is not because of this astrological whatever, but simply thrugh cultural dissemination. An old tale gets adopted from one people to another and names and places are changed. Note that the various nations referencing said story are neighbors. The tale is not found in Scandinavia, Australia, East Asia, Polynesia, the Americas,,, for a reason.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 10, 2017 18:43

I'd just say if you really want to know anything about the history of Christianity or any other religion, go to credible scholarship, not fückin YouTube crackpottery.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 10, 2017 19:07

But like I mentioned, quite a bit of it was accurate.
If people would pursue further research like you mentioned, that would be better. Although "scholarly" varies.
I had looked up Mithraism last year to learn more of it, and found a couple of sources saying it was bogus, just some fresco somewhere in Rome that was misinterpeted by those with a certain bias. While the sources didn't indicate it, it became apparent that said sources were Christian, and simply wanted to debunk it. That didn't stop them from sounding plausible with their reinterpation.
Ask anyone from Iran were Mithra came from, and it's a little more than an old fresco to them.

The Horus story is an eye opener, as is Krishna, the only God in the Hindu pantheon to live the life of a man. In fact, the Christian Trinity is based on the Hindu Triad, with Hare Krisna as man, Vishnu as the big daddy God, and another I ain't looking up as an intecessor.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 10, 2017 19:08

Hindus also pray with clasped hands.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 10, 2017 19:21

Yeah, if the idea is that Christians have borrowed from past cultures in an almost wholesale way and that there never was a historical Jesus, that is not accurate despite whatever some prominent outliers are going around saying.

Paddy MacLennane

Apr 10, 2017 19:47

Jesus was a blonde, blue eyed European.

FACT!

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 10, 2017 20:03

But yet is doubtful any of those other figures existed anywhere outside the confines of myth.
Which leads to the question of why is Jesus supposed to be legit and those others, pagan heresy, when it's the same tale, only older?

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 10, 2017 20:10

Conversly, it can be said that no one is going around desparately trying to refute the existence of Hare Krishna, etc,, so why the need to do so with Jesus?

People have their beliefs, and since for the most part it's for the good, que sera, c'est la vie..

Migiヽ(^0^)ノ

Apr 10, 2017 20:38

I get that most of the star signs and astrology of it is a theory bit the fact that other Messiah existed before jesus with almost the same storyline is mindblowing i loved every second of this video and it makes me want to research some of the other pre jesus Messiah listed to do some cross referencing

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 10, 2017 21:00

For one thing, those stories are not as directly analogous to the Jesus story as you're portraying them to be. Secondly, there's the issue of what Jesus himself thought he was, namely, he didn't think he was the messiah, that's a designation he was given later by some Christians (not all, and here it would be even more useful for anyone here to know anything about all the different sects of early Christianity). And third, no serious scholar in the field of historical Jesus studies agrees with the claim that there was not historical figure "Jesus of Nazareth". I mean, maybe that doesn't mean anything to you that virtually ALL the experts in this field are in alignment about this issue, but then again it also might mean nothing to you that every serious scientist agrees with the theory of evolution too.

Why is Jesus legit and the others aren't? There are books about this subject. Read one.

Earlofrochester

Apr 10, 2017 21:42

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 10, 2017 21:51

So there's no sense in reading any book written by anyone who wasn't there to see the events happen. Got it.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 10, 2017 21:52

And by the way, I'm not making any sympathetic arguments to claims that Jesus was a supernatural entity of some kind, I'm simply saying he's someone historians agree existed and is not a complete myth.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 10, 2017 22:08

Historians think of things in degrees of certainty, especially where antiquity is concerned. They use established criteria in making these judgments, not guesswork.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 10, 2017 23:09

Sure, take everything with a grain of salt because why does truth matter when you can just read Breitbart all day?

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 11, 2017 02:00

Um, no, they can't. Bullshiit news is bullshiit news because it's bullshiit news.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 11, 2017 06:22

Historians DO NOT agree about Jesus ever existing. The ONLY one who referred to him round then was Josephus, in terms of others having to do with him, and many years after. Whether the two passages were fabricated afterwards or altered is subject to debate.

The other man/gods mentioned were literally carved in stone, and a simple search will turn images of them up.

The name Jesus itself may not be based on Yeshu'a/Joshua afterall, but Jesu/Zeus.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 11, 2017 18:37

Right. I suggest you find better sources, namely, ones that might disconfirm your preconceived notions. I've read the mythicist literature and I don't find it at all convincing next to the ACTUAL scholarship of experts in this field.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 11, 2017 18:45

Google. Because it works?

You never heard of Hare Krishnas? You know, the cult that follows Hare Krishna? Thank the Gods, there was a time you couldn't board a plane without them coming just shy of accosting you. There were so many crawling Manhattan, it took decades fr the traffic jams to clear.

Horus? Do Egyptian hieroglyphs mean a thing?

Feel free to quote any historical source contemporary with Jesus refering to him.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 11, 2017 18:48

Look up Mithras and Zoroastrianism, you know, the religion that created the Hebrew Gods.
Any religious (inc. Christian) scholar will tell you that monotheisn was spawned by their belief in Ahura Mazda.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 11, 2017 21:57

I understand the contemporary sources are obviously limited. The gospels all date from 35-65 years after Jesus' death, and Paul was writing around 20 years later. It's specifically because of this distance in time that makes it impossible to verify any of the supernatural claims surrounding his life, but as sources for a person existing, they can actually tell us some credible information (not a vast wealth of detailed information, but some general information). And this is where you would go read about that instead of referring me to fücking Google. I've read Carrier, Price, and Harpur. Now you go read Bart Ehrman and John Dominic Crossan.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 11, 2017 21:58

*Paul wrote 20 years or so after Jesus' death, not 20 years after the canonical gospels.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 12, 2017 00:04

Sorry Bolt, I have no time to do your homework for you.
Wanna state so called facts about a myth? Cool. You have my permission.
The video showed the hieroglyphs about Horus, ditto for the Ankh, from we which we KNOW the cross was derived from.

FREE BONUS: Early accounts indicate that Yeshua bar Barabbas, and NOT Yeshua bar Josephus, was hung on the cross. THAT was the miracle.
Howbow dah?

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 12, 2017 14:45

Howbow you rely on better sources for your information? Jesus Fücking Christ, I've done my homework. It's you who doesn't know shït from Shinola when it comes to this topic.

Razor

Apr 12, 2017 14:50

Haha Bolt, pay him no mind. He copies and pastes what he can find on Google that'll contradict everything you say and snip bits to make it look like his own work.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 12, 2017 17:01

" Carrier, Price, and Harpur. ...Bart Ehrman and John Dominic Crossan. " are not the contemporary sources referring to Jesus asked for. Heck, you're over three thousand miles and two thousand years off. THOSE people's ancestor's didn't even have a written history of their own people back then, for that matter.

Keep trying?

Show me documentation that indicates Jesus even existed. And no, the altered cannon of Gospel fairy tales written a century or so after don't count.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 13, 2017 16:51

Oh ACTUAL spiritual beings, huh? As opposed to all those other fake ones.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 13, 2017 17:27

FOR THE RECORD:

Horus, carved in stone

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 13, 2017 17:31

Eye of Horus and Ankh, carved in stone

Incidentally, our letter "I" originated in the hieroglyph for that very eye,,,

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 13, 2017 17:32

Mithra, carved in stone

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 13, 2017 17:34

Hare Krishna, carved in stone

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 13, 2017 17:43

Well you're good at finding pictures on Google, I'll give you that. More serious research, eh, not so much.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 13, 2017 17:46

Hare Krishnas, not carved in stone, in the mythological Lenape island, Manahactanienk.

The little lyrics on that sign loosely *wink* translate into, "If I can / Make it there / I'll make it / Anywhere / It's up to you / ..."

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 13, 2017 17:46

PRAIZE JAYZUZ !!!

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 13, 2017 18:49

Who knew the Krishnas were such big Sinatra fans.

Queen Bitch

Apr 13, 2017 19:20

Wind up toy mode again ^^^^

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 13, 2017 19:49

I wasn't even sure we had much any around downtown anymore. The oddest was walking with family and relatives around the cesspool that used to be Times Square and seeing droves of them around all the tourists and skegs.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 13, 2017 19:57

I always though they were kind of a 70's thing.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 13, 2017 20:24

Me too, most of them, although in the 80s there were even Krishna Punks!!! Obviously, seeing wayward youth in search of whatever, they tried to recruit them. For a spell, one time neo nazi, Stimulators/Cro-Mags's Harley Davidson (Flanagan) became one, leaving that stuff behind.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 25, 2017 18:17

BOOOMP

Sean P.

Jul 26, 2017 10:28

Yep, Cro Mags.... and Youth Of Today..... Krishna. Spawned a whole new direction for hardcore youth. A whole new set of bands..... John Joseph of the Cro Mags is still involved...

Sean P.

Jul 26, 2017 10:31

When Harley and John are not stabbing each other..... They are consumed by inner peace.....lol

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 26, 2017 10:42

Yo, what happened to that case, Harley got arrested like 2 yrs ago for that?

It was so weird when he went Krishna, like wha? Wasn't he this racist?

There was a show back then with different bands at Thompkins Square Park, and Krishna Punks were there, giving out din din and trying to talk Punks into joining. One of them, she started talking to me. Seemed happy yet sadly lost, looking for herself in life n all. They say they really draw you in, but me, I was stuck between trying to convince her to get out or hoping she finds what she's looking for. Eh, you can't talk em out, and it ain't weren't for me to try to do so, so que sera. We talked for awhile. Wonder what happened to her,,,

Those were the days,,,

Sean P.

Jul 26, 2017 22:14

Ummmm..... I really dont want to speak on Harley's behalf..... From what I understand..... those guys went Krishna early on.... H.R. went Rasta.... Alot of people we're looking for answers and hope, strength etc. Nazi? Alot of beefing on the streets in dem days. Boston the same way.... A bunch of patriotic, anti drug, bald headed hardcore youth living and hanging, playing shows in mostly minority neighborhoods that we're white working class neighborhoods.... Well s**t gets ugly from time to time. I REALLY DONT THINK ANY OF THOSE GUYS WE'RE REAL NAZIS. Add a couple of clowns hanging round the fringes that identified as white pride then bam.... everybodys a nazi..... Harley adored HR..... The assualt case? Harley got cleared..... I assume it was dismissed. Some of JJ's boys jumped him......

Sean P.

Jul 26, 2017 22:23

Gotta remember.... back in the day hardcore was dangerous.... Today its a bunch of c**ts fronting like they some kinda hip hop metal super stars.... or some kinda politically correct super left wing anti fa movement..... I miss the days.....

Sean P.

Jul 26, 2017 23:42

He also adored Hilly , a jewish guy..... So if some white kid from the hardcore scene stomps the s.h.i.t.outta some african hood rat.... Well that dont mean he's a nazi.... Just means the african got his s**t handed to him.... Not all the white boys are soft ass punks from the suburbs.... nor are we nazis cause we aint soft ass punks from the suburbs..... If your good people, your good people.... EVERYONE from the old scene goes by that. Aint and we aint no left wing pc bulls**t fake ass anti fa movement. Just hardcore youth.... doing our thing....

Sean P.

Jul 26, 2017 23:43

BMHC..... X

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 27, 2017 05:48

Being this wunderkind drummer at 12 in the Stims got Harley a real strong following, and they hung around the slum that was the Lower East Side, full of Ricans, Ukranians, old Jewish folks, etc, and assorted Bohemians from Beatniks to Hippies to Punks and the rest of them as well as the eastern part of Gay central, NY, NY, and NYU students, etc.
Him and his boys were interlopers looking for trouble. Punks weren't born there (most were middle class from suburban Queens, some Bklyn, and NJ), a few moved there but most just hung around.

The irony is that you had this bastion of rads going back a couple of centuries, but it was an impoverished ghetto since Manhattan was colonized. There's a museum on Orchard Street (I've never been to it). The squalor of a century ago defies belief.

Punk never was that big in NYC because the real poor where trying to dance away the misery and escape that hell, not dwell on it. It's much like the emos on this site, affluent kids so bored they have to cut themselve and pretend they're on the eternal brink of suicide with imaginary mental conditions they've pinned on their Facebook lapels,,,
Not saying there weren't poor Punks nor none born in slums, must that they were a minority of a movement that was a minority in a city that went Discothequeing instead.
In the meantime, a 2 hour or longer trip on the train back to the Boroughs really sucks at 3am in January, so that comstrained the flow of potential Punks to Downtown. Sure, some had access to cars, but parking sucks, and telling daddy the car windows got smashed might put A7 sojourns to an end.

Harley went Krishna as a reaction to his own inner hatred which he took out on others when him and his thugs were plentiful and drunk enough.

I never like that bunch for a reason. Never had any personal problems with them, but then again I didn't hang out there at night. I never once even went to A7, which was an even bigger deal than CBs was to HC.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 27, 2017 06:07

There was also a cultural influence too with Punk here.
Most that lived in slums then - Blacks & PRs - grew up listening to dance music, so disco was a natural route. Funny, because in Puerto Rico, there's loads of Rockeros and those into "Heaby Mehdol" ,,,
The poorer who came here clung to Salsa and Merengue.

Nowadays with an increasing number of Mexicans, the newer punk scene consists of many (most?) of them. (I don't know because I don't go. Just seen some footage of a gig in the Bronx, and don't know if it was because of the bands or the locale, but the fans were of the Mexicani, etc, sort,,,

I also found out from one who works at a store near where I lived that they started plugging in and having performances in the park across the street from my building a year after I moved back home! I had a view of the park out my window!

Ever seen Summer of Sam? That was the exact enviroment I lived in back in 77. They nailed it 100%. That was here, Queens, Bklyn, Staten Island, Long Island, Westchester (depending on how many Italians at whatever place)... I was the Ritchie, but younger and without the Mohican, the hot GF, the guitar skills, and the adult entertainment vocation. The rest of them? Those were the people I knew,,,

Sean P.

Jul 27, 2017 20:54

Now that ☝you don't learn from a book or a documentary.... You live it......

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 22, 2017 20:37

I'm STILL waiting for monkey brain Dolt 's stupendously incredible facts he was gonna post.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 22, 2017 20:42

You don't have to wait, I already posted them months ago, back before I discovered what an irrational retard you were and what a fool's errand it is trying to have a meaningful conversation with you. At this point I expect you'll copy and paste some bullshït some other ignorant dipwad posted somewhere. Or else you'll re-post everything you already posted several times, that's another classic Mod move. Let me just tell you right now, save your breath, cowboy. No one gives a fück.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 22, 2017 20:50

Ahh, the retard farts again, still with nothing to say.

Impressive.

Feel free to Google anything I've posted and post the alleged original here, or is that too difficult for you to do?
Oh wait, I did do that, WHAT, DO YOU THINK I CARVED THOSE MYSELF, NIMROD?

Literally CARVED IN STONE, and this pathetic Jesus balls licking fool is still in massive denial of facts, as well as his own stupidity.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 22, 2017 20:52

I read books and listened to scholarly lectures and debates from experts to arrive at my conclusions. You used Google. Is there really anything more to say about it?

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 22, 2017 20:55

P
O
S
T

I
T

M
O
R
O
N

"Wookie, mwommy I cawn wead!"

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 22, 2017 21:00

"And this is where you would go read about that instead of referring me to fücking Google. I've read Carrier, Price, and Harpur. Now you go read Bart Ehrman and John Dominic Crossan."

I gave you your homework back on April 11. Now it's past due, so you fücking failed, dummy.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 22, 2017 21:05

Appeal to authority is bad enough, but appealing to appeal to authority? Is there a name for that fallacy?

What someone told you in one of the many Mensa lectures you've attended while working on your PhD in ignorance is irrelevent.
The fact that you can't even cite what you claim to cite doesn't make it anymore relevent.

Your lame attempts at deflecting only highlights your idiocy.
People can read, you think no one can notice that you say absolutely nothing?

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 22, 2017 21:07

I've read Maurice Sendak, so what's your point?

"Wookie, mwommy I cawn wead!"

P
O
S
T

I
T

M
O
R
O
N

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 22, 2017 21:15

I've admitted I myself am not an expert, so the only way that I can learn something of this nature is from someone who is. You have no such humility. You Google something and all the sudden claim to know everything about it. This isn't the way smart people go about parsing facts and knowledge, it's the way pseudo-intellectual trolls go about cherry-picking random factoids that back up their presuppositions. Unfortunately for you, you came up against someone who knows vastly more about this topic that you do this time. I'm sure you've gotten away with this dumb nonsense before in other forums where people may not know better, but I do, and I shut your ass down. At some point, the honorable thing to do would be to admit you're a clueless shïthead and you lost. I could at least respect that.

Feel free to respond, but I won't again. I win. You lose. Have a day.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 22, 2017 21:18

P
O
S
T

I
T

M
O
R
O
N

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 30, 2017 18:25

Queen Bitch

Aug 30, 2017 18:33

Bolt hits the mark...

No Photo

Deleted User

Sep 15, 2017 04:32

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.