AltScene
EliteSingles.com

micro sd card

micro sd card

ctsvbullet Created Aug 17, 2019 17:22
5 Comments

what the best micro sd card you get for the switch lite but i need alot gbs cuse i plan downloading alot of games for the new unit

This topic has 12 comments

Migiヽ(^0^)ノ

Aug 18, 2019 00:00

I'd use this magical thing called Google search.
Plus I'm pretty sure that's not what you need for more memory on a game system. You need terabytes not gigs for any decent game. And terabyte external hard drives are not cheap by any means.
I've been looking at a 4 terabyte external hard drive for my ps4. Because my brother buys games for it like crazy.

Migiヽ(^0^)ノ

Aug 18, 2019 00:02

Just looked it up again and your looking at at least $100

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 18, 2019 02:36

You'll want the digital camera style, look for ones with the best memory exchange, the exo's yada yada.. How big does it need to be?

The plain black ones might be ok? But i'd not trust that unless its just for data and saves?

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 21, 2019 06:43

Never used this system, but in PC gaming, most games are downloadable and your profile/user account stores all your progress, so all you need to do is download, login and away you go. All companies now have server farms with users accounts storing their progress, so you lose nothing.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 21, 2019 15:41

If you've never used a switch how can you give advise? Seems strange to me.
I'm not a gamer and even I know the info you gave but I've no idea about the switch, even though I've researching storage recently I wouldn't give him advise on what im looking at as there no point.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 22, 2019 10:42

Well Rainbowchild, it seems you have a BEEF with me personally as this is now 2-3 comments you have basically had a go at me for commenting on.

I am a GAMER, a PC Gamer and I also study computer science, so even though I do not own or have never used Switch, I understand the concept of storage and the cloud server and how downloading and playing games works. The same concept works on all devices especially if they can connect to the internet.

So thanks for your reply, but keep your opinion to yourself if you don’t understand what it is your arguing about. Tbh you seem to be an angry, argumentative person?

Migiヽ(^0^)ノ

Aug 22, 2019 11:17

Just googled it apparently the switch does take micro SD cards...Interesting. I wonder how good the graphics are? Anyways a 32gig SD card costs 6-10$ at Walmart I have one in my phone. As for massive downloads it should be fine. The system has 32 gigs built in.

Um moved to Mumbridge

Aug 22, 2019 11:36

I've not dealt with Switch myself, but on every portable device I've owned, it's best to use a 64gb or higher, and if possible to make sure the apps or files download onto the card, rather than the internal storage as it can slow your device down quite a bit.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 22, 2019 13:39

Well the SD card isn't for graphics so much, its like a mini hard drive, ssd "solid state drive" style. So the idea is bit speed for moving data between places, say digital camera and pc or switch and save files? or install data?

How big are installs on it?

Um moved to Mumbridge

Aug 22, 2019 13:48

I would think no bigger than 2gb a piece or around that estimate at least. I would assume it could hold a percentage of install data and files itself, as most devices like that follow the same concept, but I'm not sure. The save data would be better off on the SDcard I would have thought. On alot of devices now, you're able to install files all based on the SD card, I have myself a similar system on my phone as too much data often slows it down.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 22, 2019 14:02

In any case i now learnt about switches.
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22481/~/microsd-card-faq

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 22, 2019 19:50

Yes, the more I read you comments you are coming across as a know it all prick. It seems I'm not the only one that thinks this way from other comments. What's with the shouty capital letters too?

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.