AltScene
EliteSingles.com

Yo Altscene, whatcha drinkin?

Yo Altscene, whatcha drinkin?

Ouroboros Created Aug 11, 2019 15:14
41 Comments

This is the BOOZE THREAD. Lets have a toast to dumb bulls**t. What are your favorite/least favorite drinks? If you don't drink THAT'S OK, thank you for driving us idiots home safely. Right now its like 4am, and I've had an assortment of whiskeys and tequilas, but by far my favorite is amaretto. Disaronno is my medicine~

This topic has 86 comments

Ranger Pariah

Aug 11, 2019 15:55

Irish Death. Dark ale.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 11, 2019 20:35

Tom Collins or whiskey straight

I hate anything remotely fruity

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 11, 2019 21:10

I went to a beer festival in an aircraft museum last night. But normally I’m a whiskey guy, Manhattans, Sazeracs, and always a nice, bold Boulevardier.

Migiヽ(^0^)ノ

Aug 11, 2019 23:25

Amaretto and coffee or Cherry Coke

Spark-Divine

Aug 11, 2019 23:33

I’m a fruity cider girl , mmm a nice cold cider . Least favourite for me has got to be red wine that tastes like vinegar and vodka

Tommeh247

Aug 12, 2019 00:00

I go through phases, I'm a big rum fan, but at the moment I'm drinking a lot of port.

As far as can't stand: Gin. 100%

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 12, 2019 00:12

Caramel coffee? But i'm a total w**ker goth who likes absinthe and rum and vodka and burbon and port and cognac and....

Migiヽ(^0^)ノ

Aug 12, 2019 00:19

Cappuccinos I cant drink straight coffee its nasty

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 12, 2019 10:29

Lagavulin... like a baws.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 12, 2019 12:45

I used to love Sheridan's when I drank.

BadFish

Aug 12, 2019 14:59

Right now I'm drinking a nice cup of tea but the kids are driving me mad so I'm thinking of cracking open the whiskey and sneaking a drop of the water of life in there.

Generally I drink red wine, whiskey or bourbon. Just the smell of gin or amaretto makes me feel physically sick

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 12, 2019 18:40

that beefeater gin is awful; and I say that as someone who actually likes a gin & tonic now and then. Just not with that kinda gin.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 12, 2019 19:27

Tequila is really the only thing I won’t drink. The Czech guys I play in Aspen with every year always bring this weird plum brandy shït that’s not great but still light years better than the best tequila I’ve ever had.

gotunk

Aug 12, 2019 20:38

Protein Shake .

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 12, 2019 22:24

Since I don't drink booze, the last 2 things I've to drink was my protein shake after the gym and water.

The exciting life I lead...

SadKiwiVii

Aug 12, 2019 23:06

Zombie 💙

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 13, 2019 02:21

Tequila, Beefeater Gin, and Budweiser beer: I won't partake of those
or that sambooka stuff because I don't like liquorice

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 25, 2019 20:45

They are now brewing Pabst Blue Ribbon in Guelph Canada and the can says 5.9%

Um moved to Mumbridge

Aug 25, 2019 20:55

I am currently sporting a c**ktail made up of raspberry vodka, White zinfandel, and fizzy grape. I'm a gin or vodka girl. Cant drink dark spirits anymore as I've been told that they bring the Irish out in me apart from the odd Jagerbomb 😂. Wine is good too.

If I had to choose a brand, Bulldog Gin wins, Tanqueray No.10 comes second and Beefeater wins bronze. Vodka is flexible. Also I'm fond of Red wine and Cola mixed together and my partners old pub used to make punchy Mojito slushies which is honest to god the best thing I've ever tasted alcohol wise.

Psychopatrish

Aug 25, 2019 21:48

Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio

Chilled nicely & poured over ice. Pairs sooo well with my seafood meal.🍷

Just taste tested some locally distilled whiskey earlier today @ the liquor store. And although I'm not a hugh whiskey person per say, I must admit, I'll be purchasing some on my next stock up.

Psychopatrish

Aug 25, 2019 22:03

It was called Jersey Shine Moonshine.

I tasted all 5 flavors, because, she kept handing me cups.

Lemonade & Dark Cherry won.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 26, 2019 01:14

The kraken or a bit of capn morgans.
My two favourites.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 26, 2019 13:42

Campari on the rocks.

-Charsehole

Aug 26, 2019 21:34

Currently wine

Raz Vabbit

Aug 26, 2019 23:07

Carrot juice.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 27, 2019 02:12

the thought of getting hipsters rich by buying all their concoctions of craft beer and now they wanna mess with whisky, that is somewhat repulsive to me. Though I do think fondly of a green cider I tried sometimes from one of those vendors. the liquor store with all those whacky designed cans though...now they messing with whisky, Im such a traditionalist with that-I cant ever be disloyal to my old hat distiller(s)

Psychopatrish

Aug 27, 2019 03:42

^Interestingly enough, SeaHag, I read up on this Jersey Shine distillery.

Apparently they've been around as the Coomb family farm since the days of prohibition, in a small town called Millville.

They would stash their brand of moonshine in their farm houses and aid the rum runners to Atlantic City.

Not sure that world qualify under the current hipster craft explosion.

I'm down to try booze from a locally owned, long lived family company, and more than happy to support them with my hard earned pay.

Jersey Shine

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 27, 2019 14:52

^huh, is that so? I'm making a comment on craft brewing in general, not about you and what you do. I don't care what you drink. To do so would be, what is that saying you use? gay. To care about what others drink would be 'gay.'

Wacky designed beer cans and Rat Finks googly eyes on a whisky bottles crafted with gummy bears and Cadbury buttons; secret ingredient beard clippings...

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 27, 2019 15:17

A lot of that stuff is actually good. Maybe you should actually try it instead of just taking a dump all over it out of a misplaced feeling of purism.

Psychopatrish

Aug 27, 2019 15:55

K......😶

Psychopatrish

Aug 27, 2019 18:35

@Grumman, I'll drink to that.

I propose a toast, raising my locally brewed IPA in honor of SeaHag's outstanding gayness.

Cheers to you, buddeh! I'm not your friend, guy!

*insert flapping headed Canadian South Park gif here*

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 27, 2019 21:19

I’m not your guy, buddeh!

But I will take a barrel-aged cherry sour ale if you have one. 🍻

Ouroboros

Aug 27, 2019 23:17

I love wacky craft beers... Like, I haven't found one that I've felt the need to buy a second time but trying to pair them with food is pretty fun. I'm gonna support those hipster whiskeys with suspenders on the bottles and beard clippings though just to horrify my whisky friends.

Y'all should fly out to Hawaii to try our locally brewed Hawaian beer. It really isn't outstanding at all and you'll probably regret spending the money.

Psychopatrish

Aug 27, 2019 23:35

Fun fact:

All Points West Distillery out of Newark, NJ just won 2 national awards for "Best Whiskey of the Year" & "Best Spirit of the Year by Packaging" along with a gold medal.

Yay.

And Ouroboros, I'd love to visit Hawaii.

But would probably be on the hunt for the Maui Wowie before any booze.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 28, 2019 00:08

Re: LOL Grumman the poser is upset that I am not craft beer crazy while using my standard line of 'dump all over it'-ive already said that to you about several times about things you often say.

Re: Psychopatrish, I have no idea how you can drink anything when you go around with a fkn sticker on your mouth

LOL @ suspenders-Ouroboros, yeah those hula girl bottles are great kitsch!

The beard trimmings can't be just any trimmings; they have to be soaked in expensive beard oil first

Psychopatrish

Aug 28, 2019 00:26

I use a straw.

Ouroboros

Aug 28, 2019 06:55

I am now consuming the amaretto. This is a warning that I may post something retarded in the next few minutes...
But:

Trish, check out the Big Island (Its actually called Hawaii, but we gave the state that name... so like "Hurrr, island bigger den others."). Its green, pretty, has volcanic stuff, and isn't as much of a tourist trap as Oahu. I haven't been to the other islands in a while though so I can't say if day aite or trash.

Hag, so many of the hipster beers here have hula girls, or surfin doods on them. So many. But like, is beard oil the grease that forms on the chin from months of improper beard washing or am I uncultured swine?

thejerseydevil84

Aug 28, 2019 08:35

not a damn thing dry as a bone! i will gladly pay you tuesday for a drink today lol

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 28, 2019 14:52

Sea Hag the Drag, you have not said anything to me “several times”, and you have no patented catchphrases. I’m not upset about anything, I just think it’s dumb to hate on something you’ve probably never tried just because of some preconceived notions you have about the subculture it supposedly comes from.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 28, 2019 15:06

Poser, it is never dumb to not follow every damn trend that comes along; I like traditional, so what, what is it to you? Why do you overreact to everything, every time you address me it's to run me down. I wish you'd block me so I don't have to run into your drivel.

and besides, I don't drink a lot of beer. Beer has a lot of calories.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 28, 2019 15:09

I almost never talk to you at all, directly. You like what you like, fine. But how do you know it’s not a trend worth jumping on if you don’t try any of it? Not a rhetorical question, I’m looking for the answer.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 28, 2019 15:21

how many craft beers do I gotta down to make it legit to you? I said I had green apple cider. It's a festival thing; not something I'm gonna go to the store and put in my fridge. And what don't you understand about beer having too many calories?

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 28, 2019 15:25

Lol, too many calories? What are you, fückin Lance Armstrong? Cider isn’t beer, last I checked. You know you can get a taster of something for free at most bars, right? You don’t have to commit to a case of shït you might not like. Sometimes being a purist means you just miss out on something you would otherwise like if you could only get out of your own way.

Psychopatrish

Aug 29, 2019 04:15

Soooooooo, what I'm hearing you say is, I did a thing.

You're welcome.?

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 29, 2019 05:36

More for me and Trish, I guess? Fine by me, you plain Janes can stick to your Bud Light and Corona, we’ll be over here enjoying the sensations in our functioning taste buds.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 29, 2019 07:08

Isn't skittles what cheap vodka was made for?

Also bad poodle don't ruin this.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 29, 2019 13:27

Imagine being such a douche that you shït on something you’ve never even tried. Yes, there are plenty of things about hipster culture that are annoying and possibly even worth complaining about. Craft beer and speakeasies aren’t it.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 29, 2019 13:53

^do not call me a douche, Grumman

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 29, 2019 14:15

Oh I wasn’t calling you a douche, I was calling Poodles one. Once again, you assume I’m talking to you when I’m not.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 29, 2019 14:33

Nice try, here is what your snarky sh1t comment first said to me: "A lot of that stuff is actually good. Maybe you should actually try it instead of just taking a dump all over it out of a misplaced feeling of purism." This has continued on with: "Imagine being such a douche that you shït on something you’ve never even tried."

Douche is a favourite word of yours, you use it all the time. How can somebody be so PETTY about this subject???

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 29, 2019 14:35

what was that again, Sour Cherry beer?

So I'm the "gaylord" but you guys like it Fruitti Tutti

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 29, 2019 14:42

Ouro "...am I uncultured swine?"

I don't recall writing that or even thinking it.

"Dear Neil, Wilhemina (a name nobody can spell), called me "uncultured swine! Well she didnt actually write it, but she thought it. Please discipline her for that! thanks, your 'buddeh, Ouro.)

"Dear Neil, this is your little 'buddehs' Psychopatrish & Grumman, we also sign the petition because Wilhemina doesnt like beards on her fruity booze bottles. We're seasoned whiskey drinkers who only found out about a century old distillery in our back yard yesterday and on the same day we bought our first pair of docs, It was quite the special day and real milestone but this Wilhemina came along and ruined it because she doesnt drink enough craft beer and we are offended by this gayness. Please see attached a link to the Top Gun locker room scene on youtube, this is our favourite but we wish the guys were more buff. Thanks again! Your little buddehs"

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 29, 2019 14:45

Lol, didn’t call you gay or gaylord either, although just thinking about it kind of makes me chuckle. And have you ever HAD a cherry sour? They’re fücking delicious, I’m serious. You’re missing out.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 29, 2019 14:50

I wouldn't refuse anything, mate

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 29, 2019 15:01

Well good, maybe you’ll be a converted hipster yet.

Migiヽ(^0^)ノ

Aug 29, 2019 17:07

I'm confused how did a post about alcohol turn into a fight?

Psychopatrish

Aug 29, 2019 18:49

^Good question.

Especially since I don't recall advertising being a seasoned anything.

I clearly stated I'm NOT a whiskey person, & I'm definitely also not offended by anyone's prattling on about whatever. None of that crap has ruined a thingy dingy for moi.

I'm also not ashamed to admit to trying & discovering new things, especially in my own back yard. It's pretty fun.

Go figure, trying alternatives & discussing as such on, what?... an Alternative based site, of all places.

Wish I could be a purist snob and know it all. Sounds like a party. 🤣🙄

Migiヽ(^0^)ノ

Aug 29, 2019 19:41

I want to try a cherry sour now @Grumman. I love fruity drinks. And I can't do straight whiskey either @trish.
I think beer tastes like vomit. I prefer mixers or amaretto and coke. Something that you can't really taste the alcohol in.
I used to be able to do fireball but I have a low alcohol tolerance.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 29, 2019 20:52

Because Psychopatrish and Grumman are both bullies; they're just not going to bully me very easily. I've been here 8 months now, long enough to see what they deem to be fun and so I'm just going along with what they like to do. I've seen the other threads and they like 'em pissy.

Isn't this what you guys want? It looks as though that is what you guys wanted, sticker mouth

Ouroboros

Aug 29, 2019 21:05

I find odd amusement in that the booze post turned into a fight. Just think of it as if we're RPing hanging out in a bar.

Also, SeaHag... I wasn't being serious. I don't actually think you think of me as "uncultured swine." Part of my humor is to just s**t on myself sarcastically all the time even though I mostly don't believe it. I kind of just wanted you to expand on this idea of beard oil, it sounds gross lol.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 29, 2019 21:09

^Ouro, I wanted it that way....bar, I mean
I love this term "uncultured swine"

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 30, 2019 02:26

I can't choose between trish and Mistress Wilhemina... DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 30, 2019 02:27

NEW TOPIC what kinda drink do you think the person is!

Psychopatrish

Aug 30, 2019 02:32

Bully??....Stickermouth?

HELP! NEIL!!! Someone is calling me names on the internet.

I haven't tried to bully you, Wilhemina, nor anyone else on here.

In fact, I believe I was trying to normally engage you in a discussion on alcoholic beverages. Just following a topic of interest, for once.

I see here that's impossible as you've obviously been intentionally waiting for any opportunity to jump all over my s**t, practically bursting @ the seams, to tell me how much you don't care and gay this and that.

To, what, teach me some sort of lesson? Cause for the past 8 months you've observed "what I deem to be fun"?.....Well done. I'm totally put in my place now.. 🤣

Your brand of reprimanding, comes across more as an oddly specific diatribe of screehing nonsense.

Don't like the words I use to post? That's cool. You don't have to.

Please, continue to try & "bully" me further, if you feel so inclined. Your intent seems rather serious, so have @ it, you kooky Seacow. I'm not so easily offended.

If it made any sense, or was funny @ all, it might actually be entertaining. I'll be on standby holding my breath in case that ever happens..

Cheers!😃🍺👍

Psychopatrish

Aug 30, 2019 02:39

@ Migi, yeah, I actually have been trying whiskeys now. Had one from Japan the other night as a friend recommended it @ the bar.

Just wasn't for me.

The chick @ the liquor store handing out samples was a complete fluke. I was just going in to get my beer n wine. But, I liked the fruity whiskey, & I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Baby steps, my dear.

Psychopatrish

Aug 30, 2019 02:44

@Ouroboros, I'd gladly chill on da big island, especially if it's less touristy.

So long as I could get my hands on that sticky tree, I'm good.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 30, 2019 13:29

You know what? I even sometimes drink a Mike’s Hard. And I think Montucky is refreshing, goddammit. And PBR too.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 30, 2019 13:41

did the two headed monster of South Park mouth and helmet head sprout another head, poodles?
I'll bbl to finish this

Um moved to Mumbridge

Aug 30, 2019 20:07

I'm thinking ya'll could use a drink. 🍸🍷🍺🍹🥃

Migiヽ(^0^)ノ

Aug 31, 2019 07:48

No one understands seahag she speaks gibberish.

No Photo

Deleted User

Aug 31, 2019 20:34

I'm sorry to have missed our appointment...
Poodles, maybe that tough-talking bridge person stuff with the ideas of hiring goons with baseball bats is cool where you're from; it isn't where I stand; nor is being called gay as derogatory or an 'infidel' this last one in particular infuriates me because I have encountered violence concerning that; but she couldn't have know that, of course.

Migi, Malkieavellian understands me pretty well at times I noticed. At first being called 'mistress' annoyed me because I'm not into dominating people; he's clever though, it's because I said that I thought they liked the pissy stuff and that is what they wanted. It's true, yah know. That's how I respond in forums. When Jar Jar wanted compassion, I was able to give it, so I did. When machine-gun wanted some stuff, I could. When they ask a question, I try to answer (just don't ask me about video games or anime). I'm not looking to ruin people's fun; if they want to be piss lubbers, then I can do that too. Grumman especially likes it pissy, a true Golden Boy, he is. Ohhh Malkieavellian, you're a devil. I don't like all that marquis de Sade stuff, I'm actually quite a modest and straight laced person in that regard!

No Photo

Deleted User

Sep 2, 2019 02:31

Man i've never felt so hit on by proxy before. You know the innocent ones smile "coyly" as they pretend not to enjoy the moment.
Being a mistress isn't about domination.. lot more to it than that, but another conversation. I'm just glad we're having fun.

What I AM LOVING is the amount or meme and or abstract even old school humour. I mean even i am having to remember some of these things and go OH YES DIS IS DEY WAY! Half the kids here aren't even on that level, And the ones who think they are use the same lines to the same effect. I notice the snowflake melted for instance.

I think poodle is a Mimosa cause they're bright and sparkly.
Trish is a Long island ice tea, You have one want more and suddenly can't remember why.
Migi is a Grasshopper cause she be sweet
SeaHag is a Margarita cause everyone thinks they know it yet no one can make it.
Malkie is a fag.

Um moved to Mumbridge

Sep 2, 2019 11:44

Keep calm,

Drink Rum

and calm the fk down.

😂🍹

No Photo

Deleted User

Sep 17, 2019 10:31

So uh, I just discovered this forum existed tonight, after being on here 2 years.... and this is the first post I read through. My first reply.

This is great, like Ouro said, I feel like I am in a bar watching drunk people shouting over one another.

I don't drink much, but after that I need one. Someone pour me one of my favorite liquors, whiskey or gin. Preferable with tonic and a twist of lime, or a not too sweet Tom Collins. I like other stuff.. ales like blue moon and shock top and stella and wines. I will pass on the craft beers and sugary drinks entirely, though. I am not any kind of purist, I just don't enjoy being hungover with a headache before I even pass out.

Just don't let me drink from right from the bottle, RIP my clothes and my liver

No Photo

Deleted User

Sep 17, 2019 14:53

I looked it up because I wanted to know whether Blue Moon is a craft beer, and according to snobby purist blogger douches online, it’s not. But I disagree with this, I’ve always seen it as a craft beer. Yes I know it’s owned by MillerCoors, but it started independently. Also, there is a separate smaller brewery they have in Denver where you can try much smaller batches and limited release varieties of their beer, stuff that you can’t find on store shelves. So I think that qualifies as craft, fück the purists.

No Photo

Deleted User

Sep 17, 2019 23:00

Eh, in my head I define craft beers as really hoppy, which I don't have a personal appreciation for. Blue moon is definitely not that.

ctsvbullet

Sep 17, 2019 23:27

Arizona mango drink

No Photo

Geordiepunk 1967

Sep 20, 2019 16:22

Brasso

Um moved to Mumbridge

Sep 22, 2019 09:44

A good old cup of English Rosie Lee (Tea)

Scars cars & bars

Sep 23, 2019 14:35

Oof late to the convo but I'm classy so bottles of Moscato

Ouroboros

Sep 24, 2019 07:33

I just plowed through some amaretto that was trying to be whiskey. It was weird...

No Photo

Deleted User

Sep 24, 2019 08:44

Australian afternoon tea, it was a contest to name one and our Kevin Rudd won, or he made the blend? Either way its freaking tasty

Bloody Kisses

Sep 26, 2019 22:37

Jack and Coke 👍

slef

Oct 9, 2019 15:54

Woodford Reserve special Christmas edition (we haven't even reached Halloween and they alreadt put out a Christmas edition?!)
+ Coke

Also kraken, I like kraken, but it's a bit too syrupy/sweet

Paddy MacLennane

Oct 9, 2019 20:21

Coffee.

Sceleratis

Nov 14, 2019 15:25

Usually I start with about 4 to 8 Guinness follow that up with two or three gin with a Twist served neat then I usually end my night drinking as many absinthe as I can there's definitely no home safe rule on my bar tab

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.